Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bringing games to reality


            If you have played countless hours playing games, there is a chance you may or may not like games. If you do like games, stick around. If you don’t… well, I just don’t care to speak any further.  These countless hours and love for games allow our minds to blend reality and imagination in a beautiful and sometimes euphoric way. It allows our sometimes dull moments to be entertained by our passion for games by altering what we hear, see, and sometimes feel from the real world.

Have you ever had déjà vu? Get that feeling you’ve been here, done that, and/or said that? Well, what if you did? Playing games often has delving into caves, abandoned house, noisy streets, empty offices, and lush forests. With so many places that you’ve “been” to, how is it not possible it feel as though you have been there. Sometimes, with so much dialogue, why not think you said what your character said? What about those hugely emotional moments? Is it not possible to relate to a game in emotional distraught or even have your games relate to your previous emotional experiences?

 What about those long road trips of nothingness? Have you ever just laid back and imagined some epic battle taking place around the car? This is my favorite thing to do. The most common thing for me to imagine is an air battle with all the different types of ships and planes I can think of. It’s easy for our minds to slip to the thought of video games, when we should usually be working.  If you have a strong enough imagination to see your games in real life, I consider you to be lucky.

One day, walking home from work, I saw a hooded person in a white and red hoody. I don’t need to finish this for most people to guess what I thought. I love finding real life “easter eggs.” Those little things that make you think of games. One of the most common things I see is the Zelda Tri-force symbol. I have not played that much Zelda, and yet it still makes me nostalgic to other game days.

Games will always be our entertainment, escape, or competitive outlet. That does not mean that games need to stay there in our consoles or computers. We make games better by bringing them to life with our minds and actions.

We all wish some of our games would come to life. This is how we accomplish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment